With group health products, employers pay premiums to PHP for coverage of benefits outlined in a contract, and PHP then pays the healthcare claims based upon this contract. With this product, the financial risk is transferred to PHP as the insurance carrier, and an employer can rely on a set monthly premium for the current year that only changes if the enrolled membership changes.
We have group health products for employers of all sizes—benefits and products just might differ based on the size of your business. Here are some basic facts about group health products:
- Employers transfer all risk of loss to their insurance carrier.
- Employers pay premium to their carrier. Premium rates are based on the number of employees enrolled in the plan each month.
- Your monthly premium will only change within the current year if the enrolled membership changes.
- Your insurance carrier will collect the premiums and pay the healthcare claims based on the coverage benefits outlined in the policy.
- Each person covered is responsible for paying any deductible, co-payments, and coinsurance for services covered under the policy.
We have group health products for both small and large employer groups.