Self-funding your health plan through a partnership with PHP TPA Services (Third Party Administration) is an alternative way to provide employee health care benefits that can offer significant opportunities to control your benefit cost spend. Through plan design, benefit offerings, and wellness initiatives you can contain costs and offer your employees attractive health benefits. Self-funding allows cash flow to work to your advantage, rather than that of an insurance company or benefit provider.
The PHP Third Party Administrator (TPA) Advantage
Through our partnerships with employer, brokers, and underwriters, PHP TPA Services is a highly-qualified full-service agency providing a wide array of employee benefits products and services, including: Medical, dental, vision, disability, COBRA and HIPAA plans. We administer health claims for more than 30,000 members in groups from 25 to 1500+ employees.
As your Third-Party Administrator, PHP TPA Services will help you manage your plan by providing:
- Assistance in establishing your funding vehicle
- All documents and outlining your plan to your specifications
- All necessary administrative supplies such as claim forms, enrollment cards, and identification cards.
- Well-trained claims examiners and client service representatives
- Close monitoring of claims to avoid plan misuse and overutilization
- Counseling and guidance for funding levels and cost estimates of any proposed plan changes
- Assistance to determine equitable rate structures for plan participants
- Allocation of plan costs by department, geographic location, and any other criteria you select
- Advice regarding the cost-effectiveness of current and proposed government regulations.
- Detailed reports, including monthly summaries, quarterly reports and claims by employee, and annual statistical reports of claims by dollar, size, department, or diagnosis
Sample Services include:
- Claim funding and banking options
- COBRA administration
- Debit card arrangements
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Accounts
- HIPAA certifications
- ID card production and distribution
- Specific and aggregate coverage claim filing
- Stop-loss coverage
Cost Savings and Care Management Programs
- 24/7 Nurseline
- 24/7 Physician line (telemedicine)
- Behavioral care management
- Case management
- Diagnostic imaging
- International network
- Laboratory services
- Medical review service
- Onsite clinic
- Organ transplant policy
- Prescription drug oversight
- Radiology review service
- Transition programs
- Transplant management programs
- Utilization and precertification services
PHP Credentials and Value
- High-value, contracted utilization review and medical management cost savings programs
- Licenses with many “A+” or "A" rated carriers to assure quality partnerships
- Up-to-date technology, reporting, and accessibility
- A longstanding reputation in the TPA space
Ready to get started?
If you're interested in a self-funded plan and are ready to take the next step, contact PHP TPA Services, to get started. We will help you create a customized health plan that meets your employees' wellness needs and fits your bottom line. Why PHP's TPA you ask? Here are just a few reasons:
- PHP is an experienced third party administrator with extensive market knowlege.
- We can help you design the plan you are seeking to meet employee health needs and manage your bottom line.
- You'll have access to a dedicated account manager to handle your business needs and answer your questions.
- You'll have access to a live, local customer service team for your employee inquiries.
- You will receive guidance on compliance demands and year-over-year consulting to make the most of your plan.
For more information, contact:
Senior Account Executive, TPA Services